The Cassandra Operator is a Kubernetes operator that manages Cassandra clusters inside Kubernetes.
The project is
alpha status and can be used in development environments.
It is not yet recommended for use in production environments.
- rack awareness
- scaling out (more racks, more pods per rack)
- scheduled backups with retention policy
- periodic cluster definition reconciliation
- lighweight nodetool status equivalent probes
- works with official Cassandra Docker images
- deployable per namespace with RBAC permissions limited to it
- deployable cluster-wide
- customisable Cassandra config (
jvm.options, extra libs)
- customisable liveness / readiness probes
- automated rolling update of Cassandra cluster definition changes
- interruption of in-progress reconciliations when newer changes are detected
- cluster and node level metrics
- a comprehensive e2e test suite